1570 preliminary discoveries of asteroids and comets were made using the CoLiTec software solutions.
Trojan asteroids of Jupiter
Group of asteroids that are in the vicinity of the Lagrange points L4 and L5 of Jupiter in a 1:1 orbital resonance.
We have assisted in discovering 21 trojan asteroids.
We have assisted in discovering centaur 013 UL10.
- compensates uneven sensitivity and defects of the CCD-camera;
- eliminates spurious illumination from extraneous light sources (lights, passing cars), as well as uneven illumination of the frame at “dawn” or near bright stars;
- allows to dispense with flat frames;
- the use of aligned in brightness frames significantly reduces the errors in detection and parameters estimation of objects images.
- determines the set of CCD-camera pixels which correspond to the images of the objects in a frame;
- uses a complex of classical and original segmentation methods with their adaptive automatic selection for each frame and segment in it;
- classifies objects images into “circular/extended”, and also selects “anomalous pixels”;
- forms segments for objects with small size and images of large stars with diffraction stretches;
- forms segments for super-extended objects.
- determines the exact rectangular coordinates of objects, instrumental brightness, signal-to-noise ratio, length and other image parameters;
- analytical parameters estimation of circular and extended images of objects before and after the matched filter;
- parameters estimation of the object’s images with an analytically undefined profile before and after the matched filter;
- instrumental brightness estimation of circular and extended images, as well as images of objects with an analytically undefined profile.
- selects images of faint stars and objects;
- reduces the number of false objects;
- matched filtration is implemented for images of objects: circular (frames with daily tracking), extended and with an analytically undefined profile (frames without daily tracking).
- finds the correspondence between stars images in frame and data of modern star catalogs;
- forms a catalog of objects motionless in a series of frames;
- establishes an analytical relationship between the rectangular frame coordinate system and the international reference coordinate system ICRS;
- photometry: establishes an analytical connection between instrumental brightness and brightness in the selected star catalog;
- linear, cubic and fifth-degree astrometric reduction models are available;
- automatic selection of astrometric reduction model is implemented;
- robust automatic selection of reference stars is implemented.
- detects and discovers comets, asteroids and satellites in automated mode;
- uses the method of light collecting, which allows energy accumulation of the images of the objects along trajectories with unknown parameters, which provides high-quality detection in telescopes with small aperture;
- works at low thresholds and allows to see very faint and hardly observable objects, for observation of which by traditional methods it is necessary to increase the observing potential in several times;
- software has linear complexity with the number of the measurements per frame, which allows working at low thresholds and detecting a motion against the background of 5000 false measurements and 20,000 stars.
- detects objects with images blurred by their own motion;
- discovers NEO when they are approaching the Earth;
- detects satellites in daily tracking mode.
- Detects objects with almost imperceptible visible movement (commensurate with errors in position estimation of objects);
- Detects objects approaching the Earth at large distances.
- detects the satellites with geostationary orbit;
- detects the satellites with high-elliptical orbit on frames with stars background like as strokes made by fixed mounting telescope.
- detects satellites with the low Earth orbit (LEO);
- detects satellites with the medium Earth orbit (MEO).
- allows the accurate light curves creation of variable stars even by astronomy amateurs due to the formalized and software-implemented experience of observers, scientists, software developers;
- allows forming a list of comparison stars only once for their subsequent usage in all observations;
- mass photometry is implemented with automatic light curves creation for all stars in frame with specified properties and accompanying comparison stars selection.
Visual control of results
Visualization of a series of frames and detected satellites, comets, asteroids.
Automated satellite measuring in a series of frames: it suffices to mark the satellite in two frames, after which its measurements will be done automatically in the remaining frames with ability to control.
Analysis of satellite measurements in a series of frames: visualization of deviations and measurements censoring.
Reports generation with measurements of asteroids and satellites in the international formats.
Initial determination and clarification of satellite orbit elements.
On-line loading and identification of detected asteroids and comets from MPC data allows to quickly make a decision about the possible presence of new asteroids and comets in a series of frames.